Tokyo, July 21. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The world pulp and paper market size was estimated at USD 351.5 billion in 2021Paper and pulp is an important wood-based industry in the world. The industry is crucial for the socio-economic and ecologically sustainable growth of society. The global pulp and paper market is large and growing. Pulp and paper production has increased globally and will soon. Most pulp and paper mills are located near major waterways and have access to an abundant and constant water supply.
Get the sample Copy report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1836
Take away key
- Pulp and paper market in Asia-Pacific was valued at USD 173.86 billion in 2021
- Packaging and packaging segment accounted for a market share of 52.4% in 2021
- Pulping process segment grows at a recorded CAGR of approximately 3.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The packaging segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2022 to 2030
- The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the largest revenue share 38% in 2021
Asia-Pacific dominates the pulp and paper market, due to the increase in population that influences the pulp and paper market, as the growing demand for paper and paper products would drive the market. In addition, the increase in disposable income in Asia-Pacific countries increases the standard of living of their people. In addition, strong economic growth in developing countries like China, India and Japan is expected to support the expansion of the regional market.
China is the world’s largest producer and consumer of pulp and paper. The market is expected to have profitable growth prospects owing to the growing demand for paper products and rising living standards in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam. Moreover, the demand for commercial printing and food packaging is mainly driven by the growing urbanization and population of APAC.
Ask here for more customization study @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/customization/1836
- Based on raw material used, the wood-based segment holds the major share of the pulp and paper market. Wood pulp is the component most often used in the production of all kinds of high quality paper. The global wood pulp market is expanding due to growing consumer demand for tissue paper products as well as increased demand from the paper industry. Additionally, the growing problem of water scarcity and the use of convenient personal care and hygiene products in homes, workplaces, and commercial establishments are increasing the market. Private label development and innovations in the paper industry are also expected to fuel the expansion of the global pulp and paper industry.
- Based on manufacturing process, the pulping process segment holds the largest market share in the pulp and paper industry. The goal of the pulping process is to remove lignin without sacrificing fiber strength, freeing the fibers and getting rid of contaminants that could cause future paper disintegration.
- Based on end-use industry, the packaging segment is expected to maintain its dominant position in the coming years. The most environmentally friendly and recyclable packaging material on the market today is paper. Due to growing environmental concerns, producers as well as customers are choosing more environmentally friendly paper packaging options. Paper and cardboard packaging are more palatable to customers than plastic because they are more durable and biodegradable.
- Paper and cardboard packaging is recyclable, reusable, energy and resource efficient, among other attributes that make it beneficial to the environment. Hence, the environmental benefits of paper and paperboard containers will encourage businesses in many sectors including retail to adopt these products, which will propel the global paper and paperboard containers and packaging market.
|Market size in 2022||$354.57 billion|
|Revenue forecasts by 2030||$380.12 billion|
|CAGR||6.91% from 2022 to 2030|
|The biggest market||Asia Pacific|
|The biggest market||North America|
|Year of reference||2021|
|forecast year||2022 to 2030|
|Key players||International Paper, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Nine Dragon Paper (Holdings) Ltd., Stora Enso Oyj (Helsinki, Finland), Sappi Limited, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, UPM-KymmeneOyj, Svenska CellulosaAktiebolaget (SCA), Oji Holding Corporation, Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd., Smurfit Kappa Group, WestRock|
The most environmentally friendly and recyclable packaging material on the market today is paper. Due to growing environmental concerns, producers as well as customers are choosing more environmentally friendly paper packaging options. Leading food, cosmetics and FMCG industries work closely with paper producers to develop cutting-edge paper packaging solutions to meet their sustainability goals. For example, as part of the company’s promise to make all of its packaging recyclable by the end of 2025, L’Oréal Group and Albea Group launched paper-based cosmetic tubes in 2019. Nestlé SA also started introducing its products in recyclable paper packaging. in 2019. Over the forecast period, this is expected to support the expansion of the pulp and paper industry.
Several foreign governments have established a number of rules regarding the use of traditional plastics in an effort to develop a sustainable way to be environmentally friendly. And as a feasible and affordable alternative to plastic bags, the demand for paper bags has exploded. Retailers, supermarkets and storage providers are more likely to accept paper-based packaging because of all these rules and regulations.
Wood from the forest is heavily used by the paper industry. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations estimates that there was a net loss of 33 million hectares of forest between 2000 and 2015. In addition, authoritarian governments have imposed strict restrictions on the use of wood from forest areas. In addition, the production of one sheet of A4 size paper requires around 20 liters of water, which makes pulp and paper one of the industries with the highest water consumption rates in the world. all. Therefore, ensuring continuous supply of raw materials and resources is a critical issue for market growth due to increasing deforestation and water crisis.
For some consumers, the availability of recycled pulp and paper items is a solution. As a result, recyclable products are more prevalent. This was difficult because some products had coatings that were difficult to recycle and waterproof. The use of recyclable protective coatings is currently encouraged and this trend will only increase in the years to come. The European Union is now involved in the plastic packaging industry due to growing concern over the amount of packaging that cannot be recycled. The future potential of pulp and paper is vast.
The expansion of food delivery services is associated with the growth of the thermal market. In particular, there is a boom in third-party delivery service providers as well as an increase in the number of restaurants that offer delivery choices. Accordingly, there is and will continue to be a need for thermal packaging. There will be a booming thermal industry in pulp and paper as long as people expect hot meals to be delivered quickly to their homes.
Browse more related [email protected] https://www.precedenceresearch.com/industry/chemical-and-material
The printing industry is changing and many publishers have replaced previously printed volumes with electronic ones. E-books, online newspapers and magazines dominate their respective markets, while directories, catalogs and brochures also have electronic alternatives. As more and more transactions take place electronically, the demand for cash and checks declines and advertising spending grows in new media, such as the Internet. These factors, combined with the continued development of social networks, contribute to the decline in sales of a number of printed products, including periodicals, catalogs, novels, etc.
By raw material
- agriculture based
- Made from recycled fibers
By manufacturing process
- pulping process
- Chemical pulping
- Chemical-mechanical pulping
- Bleaching process
- Chlorine bleaching
- Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) Bleaching
- Total Chlorine Free (TCF) Bleaching
By end-use industry
- Health care
- Food and drinks
- Personal care
- Commercial printing
- Packaging printing
- Printing of publications
- Building and construction
- Packing and packaging
- Printing and writing
- News Print
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Immediate delivery available | Buy this Premium Research Report @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1836
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact at [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
Precedence Research is a global market research and consulting organization. We provide an unparalleled nature of offering to our customers located all over the world across industry verticals. Precedence Research has expertise in providing in-depth market intelligence as well as market insights to our clients spread across various businesses. We are obligated to serve our diverse customer base in medical services, healthcare, innovation, next-generation technology, semiconductor, chemical, automotive, aerospace and defence, among the various companies present in the world.
For the latest update, follow us: